Changing previously posted photos
Sometimes you'll need to change a photo that's already posted. No problem!
There's no way to replace a photo. To replace a photo, you need to delete the old photo and upload a new photo. The information associated with the old photo is deleted along with the photo.
Changing a photo's title
To change a photo's title:
- Sign in with the same user name that you used when you added the photo. You can edit only your own photos.
- Click the photo to display the photo page.
- Click the title. As you point to the title, it becomes editable.
- Edit the title, using the Esc key when you want to undo changes.
- Click elsewhere on the page to stop editing and accept the change.
Deleting a photo
To delete a photo:
- Sign in with the same user name that you used to add the photo. You can delete only your own photos.
- Click on the photo to open the photo page. Under the photo, click Delete.
If your photo was already transferred to Google Earth, it will be removed on the next transfer date.
If the photo is not yours, you can click the "Inappropriate or offensive" link. If enough people report a photo, we'll manually review it and act if necessary.
Correcting the location of your photo
To correct the location of a photo:
- Sign in with the same user name that you used to add the photo and click Your Photos.
- Click the photo to display its photo page.
- Under the map on the right, click Change position.
- The mapping dialog will appear and you will be able to change the photographer location (the place where you took the photo), the place associated to the photo (what the photo is about) and the indoorness check-box.