Fredericksburg Historic District - National Register of Historic Places Ref # 71001053, date listed 19710922
. Roughly bounded by Rappahannock River, Hazel Run, Prince Edward and Canal Sts.
. Fredericksburg, VA (Independent City)
. The Old Post Office is a two-story, seven-bay, brick structure designed in 1909 by John Knox Taylor, Supervising Architect for the Department of the Treasury. Similar in its design to many of Taylor's other city post offices, the present city hall is fronted by a hexastyle Ionic portico topped by a blocking course. As was typical of Colonial Revival structures of the early period, the edifice combines Georgian and Neo-Classical architectural components to formulate its own distinctive interpretation of the earlier styles. (1)
. References (1) NRHP Nomination Form