The Parnassus Literary Society (Greek: Φιλολογικός σύλλογος Παρνασσός) was founded in 1865 in Athens and has published various magazines. The oldest literary society in mainland Greece,it continues to be active today.
The Society was founded on 24 June 1865 by the four children of the numismatist Pavlos Lambros (el) to contribute to the spiritual, social, and moral improvement of the Greek people through its events. Its first president was Michael Lambros. The club quickly became well-known, and functioned as a sort of Academy with literary, archaeological, legal, artistic and even scientific sections. It organized lectures, exhibitions, and various competitions. In 1872, at the suggestion of S. Vassiliadis, it opened a night school for destitute children. The historian Constantine Paparrigopoulos became honorary chairman.
It was officially recognized by the Greek state on March 17, 1875.
The club is now housed in a private mansion on the St. George Square designed by Ifikratis Kokkidis (Ιφικράτης Κοκκίδης). The club has a valuable library and art gallery with 250 works by Greek artists.