Panoramio is closing. Learn how to back up your data.

Cedar Rapids 2nd Avenue SE Automobile Row Historic District

The Kadlec Bros. Autos building, located at 803 3rd Avenue SE, is counted as a contributing resource to the Automobile Row Historic District. The property is a freestanding, one-story, 8,380-square foot, concrete block construction with brick facing. A 3,380-square foot addition was made on the east in 2002.

The building is situated on the southeast corner of the intersection of 3rd Avenue SE and 8th Street SE. It is bounded on the east by a paved lot, which is associated with the property’s historic function as an automobile dealership. The building’s visual character is driven by its façade, which features ribbon display windows in steel frames and a curved corner, creating a clearly Modern character.

The building was constructed in 1953 for Kadlec Bros. Autos, the large expanse of display windows being typical of an automobile sales store. The dealership remained in the building through 1956 at which time Parsons Motor (a Mercury dealership) assumed occupancy, followed by Mercury City Auto from 1962-1965. http://www.nps.gov/nr/feature/places/pdfs/15000749.pdf

Show more
Show less

Photo details

  • Uploaded on November 19, 2015
  • © All Rights Reserved
    by King Hawkfan