Dover Castle from Wellington Dock, Dover Marina, Kent, United Kingdom (1)

Selected for Google Maps and Google Earth

Comments (2)

John Latter on May 15, 2007

Once known as 'The Pent', Wellington Dock was renamed after Arthur Wellesley, the first Duke of Wellington, who was Lord Warden of the Cinque Ports from 1829 until 1852.

Dover Castle can be seen on the horizon.

Image taken from near the swing bridge on March 22, 2007.

A more recent photo, taken on May 15th, 2007, shows the 'White Yacht'.

John Latter on April 1, 2011

Dover's 1868-built Fairburn Crane is visble just in front of the white buildings (1), right-of-centre. See:

Mystery of the Victorian Swan-neck Crane of Esplanade Quay, Dover Marina

(1) Dover Harbour Board's "Harbour House", part of Waterloo Crescent.

Wellington Dock (inclusive of the Victorian Fairburn Crane) and Waterloo Crescent are both Listed Buildings.

John Latter / Jorolat

Dover Blog: The Psychology of a Small Town

This is the Images of Dover website: click on any red or blue "John Latter" link to access the Entry Page.

Sign up to comment. Sign in if you already did it.

Photo details

  • Uploaded on March 23, 2007
  • © All Rights Reserved
    by John Latter
    • Camera: PENTAX Corporation PENTAX Optio 33LF
    • Taken on 2007/03/22 16:01:31
    • Exposure: 0.003s (1/400)
    • Focal Length: 5.80mm
    • F/Stop: f/4.800
    • ISO Speed: ISO100
    • Exposure Bias: 0.00 EV
    • No flash

Groups