Wellington Dock and Western Heights, Dover Marina Harbour, Kent, UK (2)

Selected for Google Maps and Google Earth

Comments (2)

John Latter on March 23, 2007

One corner of the oldest of Dover's docks once known as 'The Pent'. The buildings of part of Snargate Street run along the bottom of the cliffs and the arched entrance to the Grand Shaft can be seen towards the left (taken March 22, 2007).

A satellite view of Wellington Dock and Marina.

John Latter on May 15, 2007

Wellington Dock is named after Arthur Wellesley, the first Duke of Wellington, who was Lord Warden of the Cinque Ports from 1829 until 1852.

Sign up to comment. Sign in if you already did it.

Photo details

  • Uploaded on March 23, 2007
  • © All Rights Reserved
    by John Latter
    • Camera: PENTAX Corporation PENTAX Optio 33LF
    • Taken on 2007/03/22 16:01:17
    • Exposure: 0.008s (1/125)
    • Focal Length: 5.80mm
    • F/Stop: f/4.800
    • ISO Speed: ISO100
    • Exposure Bias: 0.00 EV
    • No flash

Groups