History: In November of 1901 Judge Lester Still, a lawyer and land speculator, bought a tract of land along the west end of Penn’s Cove and developed “Still’s Park”. He built small cabins and a hostelry known as the Whid-Isle Inn, C. 1905. The building was made of horizontal logs and became a popular resort for mainland vacationers. In 1911 the Inn was bought by the Virtue family, who later sold to Fred Mueller. Mueller renamed the area “Mueller’s Park”. The Whid-Isle Inn passed through many hands until in 1970’s when it was purchased by John Stone. The Inn is now popularly known as The Captain Whidbey Inn. There have been some major alterations and additions to the structure.
Description: Rustic Lodge. Wood frame set on post and block/ concrete foundation ; rectangle (32’x62’) with clipped corners; 2-stories.