Info in deutsch.
The leather craftsmen George Hulb settled from 1910 to 1911 an Arts and Crafts house next to St. Peter's Church building. During the construction of Mönckebergstrasse Hulb wanted this building with an urban accent between the office buildings set. The architect of the building was Henry Grell. The construction intentionally reminiscent of the Dutch design renaissance, and thus the tradition of the Nordic seaside towns.