The present St Peter's church, which sits next to the hall, dates from 1874 with a west tower added in 1912. Survivors from the earlier building include the 18th century brick porch with its attractive rusticated stone quoins, together with a Norman font decorated with characteristic intersecting arches. The church had been dedicated to St Blaise in the 16th century.
Sign in to comment.
Photo taken in Somersal Herbert DE6, UK
Misplaced? Suggest new location