The lighthouse was built in 1888 at the entrance to the port of Split. It consists of a 10 meters high metal
octagonal tower and a low single storey building with total area of 30m2, which is not suitable for housing
but serves as a warehouse. With the lighthouse tower, in the past, there was located a building with apartments
for lighthouse keepers but it was demolished during the reconstruction of the breakwater.
Power supply of the building is 220V AC from the electricity grid. The lighthouse was automated and included
in the remote control system.