Church of St. John the Baptist at Wolverley

Selected for Google Maps and Google Earth

Comments (1)

pedrocut on February 9, 2009

The church of ST. JOHN BAPTIST is a red brick building consisting of a chancel, south vestry, nave with arcades, north and south aisles containing galleries continued round the west end, and a west tower.

The present church, which replaces an older one pulled down in 1769, is built in the Italian style and was completed in 1772 (fn. 122) ; it forms an excellent example of local work and design, the tower being particularly good.

History of Wolverley see...

http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=43175

Sign up to comment. Sign in if you already did it.

Photo taken in Wolverley, Kidderminster, Worcestershire, UK

Photo details

  • Uploaded on February 8, 2009
  • © All Rights Reserved
    by pedrocut
    • Camera: Canon DIGITAL IXUS 500
    • Taken on 2005/09/01 12:37:37
    • Exposure: 0.003s (1/320)
    • Focal Length: 7.41mm
    • F/Stop: f/7.100
    • Exposure Bias: 0.00 EV
    • No flash

Groups