Evidence of this stone bridge’s existence dates back to the Xlllth. Century, Transformed several times, it was fortified and provided with a cast iron lifting navigation arch in 1850. Conflicts have taken their toll on the bridge, but it was rebuilt. Each time, that is until the allied bombing of 1944-WW2. Bombed by either the British or Americans as a strategic manoeuvre to prevent movement of war material from the railway yard at Archères- (To Normandy ?)
Sign in to comment.