C & S locomotive #60

Selected for Google Maps and Google Earth

Comments (2)

Miguel Vasquez P on March 4, 2009

No. 60 was built by the Rhode Island Locomotive Works in 1886. No. 60 began her career on the Union Pacific owned narrow gauge Utah and Northern Railroad as No. 263. In 1890, the Union Pacific transferred U&N locomotives No. 260 - 265 to its Colorado-based Denver, Leadville, and Gunnison Railroad, where the original engine number was retained until the Colorado and Southern assumed operation of all Colorado-based Union Pacific narrow gauge lines. This included the Clear Creek Branch. At this time the C&S renumbered all of its narrow gauge engines and No. 263 became No. 60

migueljv on November 15, 2009

Muy buena foto y excelente explicación. Un saludo desde España

Sign up to comment. Sign in if you already did it.

Photo details

  • Uploaded on March 4, 2009
  • © All Rights Reserved
    by Miguel Vasquez P
    • Camera: NIKON CORPORATION NIKON D300
    • Taken on 2008/11/03 14:31:53
    • Exposure: 0.008s (1/125)
    • Focal Length: 22.00mm
    • F/Stop: f/11.000
    • ISO Speed: ISO320
    • Exposure Bias: 1.00 EV
    • No flash

Groups