Direct link to full size
"Loggia" (the aristocrat's club) is located at 25th August 1898 Street in Heraklion. It was constructed in 1628 by Francisco Morosini. It was a public building where the nobles and officials used to gather and while away their time discussing financial, mercantile and political matters of local concern. "Loggia" is decorated with uniquely sculpted coats of arms, trophies and metopes. During the Turkish Occupation, it served as the Seat of the utmost clerk in charge of the financial subjects, as well as of the Secretary of Istambul. Today, "Loggia" houses the City Council and part of the municipal services of Iraklio.