Small church of 12thc. origin consisting of nave, chancel and weatherboarded bell-cote. The nave dates from about 1150, with more later alterations. The chancel was probably rebuilt in the 13thc., and the whole church restored in 1844 and again in 1908-9 by W.H. Bidlake. Bidlake appears to have removed the 13thc. windows and replaced them with seven 12thc. style windows, two each in N and S walls of nave and one each N and S walls of chancel and one in E. wall of chancel. All have nook shafts with scalloped capitals and arches with edge-roll and hollow label. The chancel arch in the Romanesque style is also by Bidlake….
For more information see here
Tem uma galaria magnífica e serei apreender muito do Brasil.
Estudei português durante 5 anos a classes do dia na Inglaterra, e a minha professora nasceu em São Paulo. (Muito linda, mas não dizer a minha esposa!)
Até logo Peter
Sign up to comment.
Sign in if you already did it.
Photo taken in Shuttington, Warwickshire, UK
Misplaced? Suggest new location