'The White Yacht' in Dover Marina's Wellington Dock, once known as "The Pent".
Named after Arthur Wellesley, the first Duke of Wellington, who was Lord Warden of the Cinque Ports from 1829 until 1852.
The white tiered P&O Ferries building, Channel House, can be seen on the far left of the photo.
On the highest point of the cliffs, right of center and ignoring tree height, are the gun positions of St Martin's Battery.
The lower entrance to the Napoleonic Grand Shaft is on the far right.
The view of Wellington Dock's second pontoon was also taken at this location.
Also see the replica ship, "Discovery" photos (berthed in Wellington Docks, May 2007).
John Latter / Jorolat
Dover Blog: The Psychology of a Small Town
This is the Images of Dover website: click on any blue "John Latter" link to access the Entry Page.
Sign in to comment.
Photo taken in Dover, UK
Misplaced? Suggest new location