Wellington Dock, Dover Marina Harbour, Kent, England, United Kingdom 3

Selected for Google Maps and Google Earth

Comments (2)

John Latter on May 18, 2007

'The White Yacht' in Dover Marina's Wellington Dock, once known as "The Pent".

Named after Arthur Wellesley, the first Duke of Wellington, who was Lord Warden of the Cinque Ports from 1829 until 1852.

The white tiered P&O Ferries building, Channel House, can be seen on the far left of the photo.

On the highest point of the cliffs, right of center and ignoring tree height, are the gun positions of St Martin's Battery.

The lower entrance to the Napoleonic Grand Shaft is on the far right.

The view of Wellington Dock's second pontoon was also taken at this location.

John Latter on October 26, 2009

Also see the replica ship, "Discovery" photos (berthed in Wellington Docks, May 2007).

John Latter / Jorolat

Dover Blog: The Psychology of a Small Town

This is the Images of Dover website: click on any blue "John Latter" link to access the Entry Page.

Sign up to comment. Sign in if you already did it.

Photo details

  • Uploaded on May 15, 2007
  • © All Rights Reserved
    by John Latter
    • Camera: PENTAX Corporation PENTAX Optio 33LF
    • Taken on 2007/05/15 06:31:48
    • Exposure: 0.002s (1/500)
    • Focal Length: 5.80mm
    • F/Stop: f/4.800
    • ISO Speed: ISO100
    • Exposure Bias: 0.00 EV
    • No flash

Groups