High 178 m, wide 1500 m, long 3500 m, spacious 1,376,000 m2. It has been inhabited since prehistoric times. It had many names
similar to today's, but also was called Mons Kyrie Eleison. In the past it was an oak forest and hunting ground. Later it was
a barren land and grazing areas. Afforestation of pine and cypress trees began in 1852, and continues in the first half
of the 20th century. Today it is mostly forest park with viewpoints, walkways and picnic area protected by the Environmental
Protection Law of the Republic of Croatia. There are many religious and historical sites on Marjan Hill which is also an area
for swimming and recreation, as it is a residential area, too.
Sign in to comment.