This is the historic center of Sibiu, first time mentioned in 1411 as corn market. The public executions and public meetings used to be held here. Here is the best shown the 'city eyes' the windows from the roofs. For hundred of years the square changes the name from 'Grosser Ring' to 'King Ferdinand'. The square has a length of 142 m and a wide of 93 m, being one of the largest in Transylvania. The southern side of the square is declared architectural monument with preserved medieval styles.