The San Angelo Air Corps Basic Flying School, located at Goddfellow AFB, Texas, was officially established on 17 August 1940. On 11 June 1941, in dedication to a young hero and in tribute to the community that shaped him, the base was officially renamed Goodfellow Field.
Goodfellow train pilots through the post war era, primarily for large multi-engine piston and turboprop aircraft, first on the AT-6 Texan and then, beginning in 1954, on the twin-engine TB-25 and B-25 Mitchell. On 3 September 1958, with nearly 20,000 aviators to its credit, Goodfellow graduated its last class of pilots.
Nice shot, congratulations! Many greetings from Italy, Guto.
Good shot regard of Pedro Sochodolak from Brazil!
Sign in to comment.
Misplaced? Suggest new location