Panoramio is closing. Learn how to back up your data.

Szent Mihály kolostorrom / Ruins of St. Michael's monastery

Mátyás király egyik legjelentősebb hadvezére alapította Szt.Mihály tiszteletére. Az építési munkálatok 1483-ra fejeződtek be. A kolostor első lakói Tálodról települtek át ide. Az alapító Kinizsi Pál síremlékét a templom szentélyterében helyezték el.

A templomot 1543-ban hagyták el a szerzetesek. 1552-ben a helybéli földesurak felrobbantották az épületeket amiatt, hogy ne szolgálhassanak hadi építményként a török harcokban.

The monastery of the Pauiline Fathers was founded around 1480 by Pál Kinizsi the most important general of Matthias Corvinus. The monastery was built on the ruins of a perished church in tribute to St. Michael. The construction was complete around 1483. The monastery's first inhabitants moved from Tálod. The founder Pál Kinizsi's tomb was located within the presbytery. The Order of the Pauline Fathers left the church around 1543. In 1552 the local lords destroyed the buildings to prevent the Ottoman Turk occupy.

Show more
Show less

Photo details

  • Uploaded on October 22, 2009
  • © All Rights Reserved
    by Elemér
    • Camera: FUJIFILM FinePix S5600
    • Taken on 2009/05/19 13:01:05
    • Exposure: 0.003s (1/320)
    • Focal Length: 6.30mm
    • F/Stop: f/8.000
    • ISO Speed: ISO200
    • Exposure Bias: 0.00 EV
    • No flash