Flow of water emerging from the Springs at Berkeley Springs, WV 25411

Selected for Google Maps and Google Earth

Comments (1)

RikJimTom on October 23, 2009

The springs at Berkeley Springs have long been used as a health resort, and were used as such by the Native Americans. The Springs wer open to all tribes, and no war was made there among them. The Springs remain a Health Resort to this day. The building on the right edge of the water stream was built in 1815 and is the Roman Bath House. There are 15 "hot tubs" in private rooms available for use for a fee in this building. The spring water is available to the public for free in perpetuity. The Springs were given to the people by Lord Fairfax in 1776, and are managed by the State. Ususally about 1000 gallons a minute flow from the springs.

Sign up to comment. Sign in if you already did it.

Photo details

  • Uploaded on October 23, 2009
  • © All Rights Reserved
    by RikJimTom

Groups