The Mentzendorff’s House

Selected for Google Maps and Google Earth

Comments (8)

Анатолий Колосов on January 10, 2010

Какое милое соседство!

Laima Gūtmane (simka… on January 10, 2010

Когда места мало, то можно и так.

Thomas Ritter on January 12, 2010

Mentzendorff ;-)

Laima Gūtmane (simka… on January 12, 2010

Museum is named after the family name of the last family who lived in this house – the Mentzendorffs. In the turn of the 19 th /20 th cent. August Mentzendorff – the owner of this house – sold the best coffee in town. Descendants of August Mencendorff still maintain relations with the museum and support it.

In the 17 th cent. the house belonged to a glazier Jürgen Helm and now the Mentzendorff’s House is a home for a Glass Art and Study Centre where any visitor can watch glass transforming into a piece of art or become a glass artist him/herself arranging it in advance.

Sidorofff Dmitriy on January 19, 2010

Эх,рядом бы ещё и кафе ""Sidoroff" открыть!

Sidorofff Dmitriy on January 19, 2010

А что крепилось к балке под самой крышей? Колокол? Но ведь Юрген Хельм - стекольщик, а не пожарный был... ;) Домики очень занятные!

Laima Gūtmane (simka… on January 19, 2010

Дима, как правило, в таких домах верхние этажи занимали складские помещения, а товар надо было поднять на верх. Потому и на верху крепилось подъемное устроиство типа блок(?).

А домики очень красивые после реставрации поляками.

Sidorofff Dmitriy on January 19, 2010

Точно!А давно поляки поработали над этими домиками?

Sign up to comment. Sign in if you already did it.

Photo taken in Vecrīga, Central District, Riga, LV-1050, Latvia
Melngalvju nams

Photo details

  • Uploaded on January 9, 2010
  • Attribution-Share Alike
    by Laima Gūtmane (simka…
    • Camera: Canon EOS 400D DIGITAL
    • Exposure: 0.017s (1/60)
    • Focal Length: 18.00mm
    • F/Stop: f/3.513
    • ISO Speed: ISO100
    • Exposure Bias: 1.33 EV
    • No flash