This building was designed by Harold Desbrowe-Annear, many of whose works in South Yarra and Toorak demonstrate his interest in North American vernacular architecture and Spanish Mission Revival styles. It was originally intended to build Delgany in local limestone, but scarce resources eventuated in Geelong limestone being used in the construction. From 1942 to 1946 the house became the 62nd Australian Camp Hospital. In 1947 the property was acquired by the Dominican Sisters for use as a School for the Deaf. In 1988, Delgany was bought by a Melbourne business and was operated as Delgar Country House Hostel. In 1998, it became Peppers at Delgany and it is now a luxury resort.