Saint Paul Church

Selected for Google Maps and Google Earth

Comments (1)

Chalermkiat Khunthon… on May 2, 2010

This famous tourist attraction was built by a Portuguese captain by the name of Duarte Coelho who wanted to make this place a leading Catholic church. The chapel was turned by the Dutch into a burial ground for their noble dead and renamed 'St. Paul's Church' from the Portuguese 'Our Lady Of The Hill'. St. Francis Xavier was briefly enshrined in the open grave in 1553 before being shipped to Goa, India while this church remained one of Malacca's most recognizable landmarks.

Sign up to comment. Sign in if you already did it.

Photo taken in Kampung Tetek, Bandar Hilir, Malacca, Malacca, Malaysia
St Paul's Church

Photo details

  • Uploaded on May 2, 2010
  • Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike
    by Chalermkiat Khunthon…
    • Camera: SONY DSC-W7
    • Taken on 2010/04/28 18:17:30
    • Exposure: 0.006s (1/160)
    • Focal Length: 7.90mm
    • F/Stop: f/2.800
    • ISO Speed: ISO100
    • Exposure Bias: 0.00 EV
    • No flash

Groups