Leuty Guard House. Beach lifeguard house, at the foot of Leuty Avenue, built in 1920; one of the few saved from demolition.
Joseph Leuty, b. 1782 in Killinghall, died 1850 in Toronto Ontario. Joseph immigrated to Canada and become a prosperous businessman. At the time of his death, he owned 4 houses and the Black Bull tavern (1838), on Queen Street, which is still in operation today.