Hol Old Church
Tar Brown and værgnudd extends Hol Old Church strakes and master down between the green valley at the north end of Holsfjord. Architecturally, this ship-like house of God with sine180 seating a conglomeration of styles. The oldest part, apis, testify that the building was originally built as a stave church in the 1200s.
According to traditions are Hol Old Church youngest of the three churches that were set up in Hol village, yet it has allegedly served as a sort of magnetic center of social malnourished holing since the Middle Ages. Hard toil for a meager livelihood was life up there in the mountains, gathering of the church when the bells rang to the exhibition was a party.
The first of the churches in the parish was placed in Kyrudalen (Church Valley), but disappeared under a mudslide after a few years of use. Church number two was erected at the south end of Tingvoll Holsfjorden, but this church's history was as short as it was also wiped out by landslides.
The "young" Old Church, which in a sense, deserves mention as a 800-year-old, has been extended several times, in keeping with a growing population of Hol. The first extension took place in the 1500s, then in 1697 and in 1799 when the church got the form it appears today. The church hill that slopes down towards the water, the two older log buildings preserved - "Things Cottage" which was used by the church - and "Priest Cottage" where the priest, before Hol was a parish could lodge when he visited the village to perform the duties counselor.
A recent comprehensive restoration of Hol Old Church was begun in 1938 and ended in 1954 with repair of stone walls. The work was led by the then 86 years old Ola Grostølen.