Parliament House of India, (Tuhin) 4/2010

Selected for Google Maps and Google Earth

Comments (1)

F. Zaman on July 4, 2010

The Parliament House (Sansad Bhavan) is a circular building designed by the British architects Sir Edwin Lutyens and Sir Herbert Baker in 1912–1913. Construction began in 1921, and in 1927 the building was opened as the home of the Council of State, the Central Legislative Assembly and the Chamber of Princes. The roof of the outer circle of the structure is supported by 144 granite pillars. The Houses are located on Janpath, close to the former Viceroy's House (Rashtrapati Bhavan). It can also be seen from the India Gate.

Sign up to comment. Sign in if you already did it.

WorldIndiaDelhi

Photo taken in Gokul Nagar, Pandit Pant Marg Area, Central Secretariat, New Delhi, Delhi 110001, India

Photo details

  • Uploaded on July 4, 2010
  • © All Rights Reserved
    by F. Zaman
    • Camera: Canon DIGITAL IXUS 80 IS
    • Taken on 2010/04/13 01:34:00
    • Exposure: 0.008s (1/125)
    • Focal Length: 6.20mm
    • F/Stop: f/8.000
    • ISO Speed: ISO80
    • Exposure Bias: 0.00 EV
    • No flash

Groups