Views from 1960 can be seen, showing a small cruiser Ratty near Awbridge, Awbridge lock no 26 and Awbridge no 49 and the adjacent iron split footbridge, foam can be seen around the cruiser and in the lock...
Awbridge Bridge was built by James Brindley circa 1770 and may be his first attempt to combine a lock and a road bridge.
It is a Grade II Listed Building.
A view from the Canal can be seen here
Sign in to comment.
Photo taken in Trysull and Seisdon, UK
Misplaced? Suggest new location