St Mary's, Oxford

Selected for Google Maps and Google Earth

Comments (3)

A K Photography on January 11, 2011

The University Church of St Mary the Virgin (St Mary's or SMV for short) is the largest of Oxford's parish churches and the centre from which the University of Oxford grew. A church was established on this site, at the centre of the old walled city, in Anglo Saxon times; records of 1086 note the church as previously belonging to an estate held by Aubrey de Coucy, likely Iffley, and the parish including part of Littlemore. [Wikipedia]

americatramp on February 9, 2011

Hi

Really Great shot!

VOTED

Good luck

The heartiest greetings, Christian

Kostia Semytskyi on April 13, 2013

Interesting! Like 2. Greeting from Ukraine. Kostia

Sign up to comment. Sign in if you already did it.

Photo taken in University of Oxford, University Offices, Wellington Square, Oxford OX1 2JD, UK

Photo details

  • Uploaded on January 9, 2011
  • © All Rights Reserved
    by A K Photography

Groups