Shuswap Lake Provincial Park (149 hectares) was established in 1956 and was named for the Shuswap Natives, whose artifacts
are found in this area.
The park is situated on the old delta of Scotch Creek, has one kilometer of sandy, pebble beach, and includes the whole of
Copper Island. The park also offers a large grassy play area, an adventure playground, a large boat launch. and a self-guiding
nature trail. Boaters may wish to visit Copper Island, located 1.3 kilometres offshore. A 2.8 km hiking trail provides beautiful
views of the area.
Supplies, groceries, and many recreational opportunities including bumper boats, mini-golf driving range, go-carts, para-sailing,
horseback riding, whitewater rafting, boat and jet-ski rentals are offered by near-by businesses.