Relocated from its original location on the southeast corner of Georgia & Sligo Avenues, the Silver Spring National Bank reopened on Sep 1, 1925. Designed and built by architects Frank B. Proctor and John M. Faulconer, also an engineer, the bank contributed to the development of the west side of Georgia Ave. In 1938, the bank completed extensive alterations, having hired hotel architectural and construction firm Tilghman Moyer Company of Allentown, PA, to construct a new 16 ft deep Classical Revival limestone facade. Besides a new enlarged lobby, there were 11 tellers' wickets, new officers' rooms, and an enlarged vault. In 1951, the bank was enlarge again and renamed Suburban Trust Company.