Selected for Google Earth [?] - ID: 53582393
Mission San Juan Capistrano dates back to Spanish territorial expansion in the Americas. The mission was originally founded in 1775, abandoned due to a revolt in San Diego and then re-found in 1776 by Father Serra. This basilica was opened in 1986 and is patterned after the original church which was destroyed during an earthquake in 1812.