Graun im Vinschgau (Italian: Curon Venosta) is a comune (municipality) in South Tyrol in northern Italy, located about 70 km northwest of Bolzano, on the border with Austria and Switzerland. As of 30 November 2010, it had a population of 2,452 and an area of 210.5 km².
The municipality of Graun im Vinschgau contains the subdivisions Langtaufers/Vallelunga, Reschen/Resia, Rojen/Roja and Sankt Valentin auf der Haide/San Valentino alla Muta. Graun im Vinschgau borders the following municipalities: Mals, Kaunertal (Austria), Nauders (Austria), Pfunds (Austria), Sölden (Austria), Ramosch (Switzerland), Sent (Switzerland), and Tschlin (Switzerland). The village borders the artificial Reschensee. The original town was abandoned in 1950 because of the creation of the lake, and rebuilt on the new shores. The ancient half-submerged bell-tower has become a landmark, and it is featured on the commune's emblem.
The escutcheon is party per fess, azure on the bottom and argent on the upper part, separated by a thin vert stripe. At the center is shown a gray bell tower, with three windows, and an azure point. The bell tower is that of the fourteenth century which emerges from the reservoir after the dam construction. The emblem was granted in 1967.