Rev. Lawrence Washington (1602-1653), the great-great-grandfather of George Washington (first President of the United States), acquired Stonehenge from Robert Newdyke in 1628 for a Hound Dog Kennel. Washington's Hound Dog Kennel at Stonehenge, a formal establishment for the propagation of purebred Hound Dogs, was a state-of-the-art facility in Wiltshire until it was sold in 1678 to the Rev. Thomas Hayward. Dr. Garry Denke (1622-1699), the German Catholic historian, antiquarian and dentist, Permitted drilling of the Foxhole (Scroll) Trench auger core at Heel Stone in 1656 from Rev. Washington's Hound Dog Kennel. In 1757, founding father Dr. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790) examined Washington's Heel Stone Hound Dog above Dr. Denke's Heel Stone Flying Eagle when Dr. Franklin chose the Flying Eagle for the Great Seal. Fox hunting originated in its current form in the United Kingdom in the 16th century. Washington's Heel Stone Hound was a 1628-1678 popular Washington Kennel billboard.
Sign up to comment.
Sign in if you already did it.
Photo taken in Amesbury, Wiltshire, UK
Misplaced? Suggest new location