Panoramio is closing. Learn how to back up your data.

#45 a lost village - egy eltűnt falu

Derek settlement in County Metro Tournament. Nearby was part of a realm of Szádvár. 1943 Szögliget desert periphery. The Slovakian border is 1 km away, Peri trail runs through it. Slavic name Deren ("dogwood, dogwood, sombokor" meaning) comes from.

The town of medieval origin. Its population has been reduced to the Turkish occupation of Rákóczi and during 1711, followed by a plague depopulated as a result. In the 1715 census that was uninhabited. Lords of the Counts Esterhazy Polish serfdom with planted again.

In 1907, 367 inhabitants. The Treaty of Trianon after Derek had a choice to Hungary or the newly formed Czechoslovakia wants to be. The residents decided to Hungary. The ethnic population is preserved consciousness, not assimilated until 1943.

1938 Miklós Horthy - who was hunting in the area wanted to create - began the evacuation of the village of full compensation for the owners. The majority of the population Borsod-Abaúj-Zemplén moved to different villages. Most Emőd-Istvánmajorban, Tanya and Andrew Ládbesenyő-Sajószentpéter settled. By 1943 the town is completely gone, churches, buildings demolished. Today, only ruins of the school building, the church built on the site of the nearby chapel and cemetery indicates that this place was once a settlement.


Derenk település volt Abaúj-Torna megyében. A közelben álló Szádvár uradalmának része volt. 1943-tól Szögliget lakatlan külterülete. A szlovák határtól 1 km-re fekszik, út vezet át rajta Körtvélyesig. Neve a szláv Deren („som, somfa, sombokor” jelentésű) szóból ered.

A település középkori eredetű. Népessége megfogyatkozott a török hódoltság és a Rákóczi-szabadságharc alatt, majd egy 1711-es pestisjárvány következtében teljesen elnéptelenedett. Az 1715-ös összeírás szerint lakatlanul állt. Urai, az Esterházy grófok lengyel jobbágyokkal telepítették be újra.

1907-ben 367 lakosa volt. A trianoni békeszerződés után Derenk választhatott, hogy Magyarországhoz vagy az újonnan alakult Csehszlovákiához akar tartozni. A lakosok Magyarország mellett döntöttek. A népesség őrizte etnikai öntudatát, egészen 1943-ig nem asszimilálódott.

1938-tól Horthy Miklós – aki vadászterületet akart itt létrehozni – megkezdte a falu kiürítését a tulajdonosok teljes körű kárpótlásával. A lakosság zöme Borsod-Abaúj-Zemplén megye különböző falvaiba költözött. A legtöbben Emőd-Istvánmajorban, Ládbesenyő-Andrástanyán és Sajószentpéteren telepedtek le. 1943-ra a település teljesen megszűnt, templomát, épületeit lebontották. Ma már csak az iskola romos épülete, a templom helyén épült kápolna és a közeli temető jelzi, hogy ezen a helyen valaha egy település állt.


Show more
Show less

Photo details

  • Uploaded on August 12, 2011
  • © All Rights Reserved
    by - - - M.Balázs - - -
    • Camera: FUJIFILM FinePix AX250
    • Taken on 2011/05/29 14:32:47
    • Exposure: 0.001s (1/680)
    • Focal Length: 5.00mm
    • F/Stop: f/3.600
    • ISO Speed: ISO100
    • Exposure Bias: 0.00 EV
    • No flash