Morning of Madrasah Mir-i-Arab , Bukhara
Selected for Google Earth [?] - ID: 57639356
▪ Among the large number of the madrassahs built in Bukhara in the 16th century Miri-Arab Madrassah stands out as a real masterpiece.
▪ It was built on an elevated platform right across from the Kalyan Mosque. This architectural technique, called kosh, was quite common in the Middle Ages. After Miri-Arab Madrassah had been constructed, Poi Kalyan Square reached its logical completion.
▪ Miri-Arab Madrasah is still one of the world’s famous and largest Islamic colleges. People passing through here early in the morning and move on to the mosque and worship.
More photos by ssSUH
Photo taken in Bukhara, Uzbekistan
Photo stats: [?]
- Uploaded on August 20, 2011
All Rights Reserved
- Camera: NIKON CORPORATION NIKON D3S
- Taken on 2011/07/31 10:08:03
- Exposure: 0.008s (1/125)
- Focal Length: 24.00mm
- F/Stop: f/9.000
- ISO Speed: ISO200
- Exposure Bias: 0.00 EV
- No flash