Tabriz City Hall is the head office of the municipal government of Tabriz, the capital of East Azarbaijan Province, Iran. Tabriz City Hall, built in 1934, by engineer Avedis Ohanjanianas Tabriz municipal central office. After World War II it was used by the Azerbaijan Democrat Party as a Government Office.
After recapture by Iranian troops, the building is used as Tabriz municipal central office again up to present.
Sa'at means "clock" in Persian, and Azeri language. There was another tower with the same name in Tabriz in front of Golestan Park which is destroyed by municipality of Tabriz.
During 1990's in an attempt for installing an elevator one of Saat patio's was damaged. In those times one of the city municipal board members was disable to walking so he has decided to install the elevator. The tower dome was reconstructed on 2008 with a new color.
Since 2007 part of the building is used as Municipality Museum.
Sign up to comment.
Sign in if you already did it.
Photo taken in Nowbar, Tabriz, Iran
Misplaced? Suggest new location