The village of Boughrood (Welsh name Bochrwd) was originally on a ford over the River Wye. St Cynogs, the village church, was built in 1854. In the 1970s its spire was condemned as unsafe and demolished, with a new spire being erected in 2004.
In the 1840s a toll house was erected and tolls levied for using the bridge until 1934. The current bride - dating from 1958 sports fine wrought iron lamp posts.
Sign in to comment.
Photo taken in Glasbury, UK
Misplaced? Suggest new location