The building was erected in 1931 and was meant to be a branch of Belgrade Mortgage Bank. It is located in the core of the city, at the corner of Vozda Karadjordja and Orlovica Pavla streets. In the early thirties there was a growing interest in loans in Nis. The Mortgage Bank was the institution to provide funds to Nis industrials, tradesmen, craftsmen, and peasants. This was the principal reason for the construction of he branch of this bank in Nis, since the 11 branches that were operational at the time could not respond to all requests for loans. The style chosen for this building belonged to the French school, more precisely academic art. The building has an angular shape, with a semicircular staircase above which there is a series of reliefs with female figures. The grand rotunda gallery on the ground floor is representative of its architectural value.