This blacksmith house is still operated in the summer months for tourists.
This is a c1840 Blacksmiths Shop restored by Parks Canada, replacing the original tin roofing after 140 years! The interior tools are typical for the period although the anvil is more appropriate to 1860+. The original twyre was recast for the restoration. Shades of grey paint were typically applied to ordnance buildings of the period.
RMW Curator Ret.
Sign in to comment.
Photo taken in Rideau Lakes, ON, Canada
Misplaced? Suggest new location