The tiny and relatively unadorned Norman church dates from the late 13th century. The tower is relatively unusual for these parts in having a pitched stone-tiled roof. Possibly the tower was a bell cote. The tower was altered in the 18th century. There is a similar example almost 40 kilometres south in Wootton Rivers, Wiltshire The church underwent restoration in 1909.