This photo was taken in the Summer of 1972 - looking southwest from the general direction of the tank farm near the beach. This was all there was back then. Most of the original 5 families who came to Resolute in 1953 were stll there. There was a primary school, a nursing station, a church, a co-op store, and a dozen or two private homes. Sanitation was by honey-truck and water was delivered by truck as well. The Hudson Bay company had just opened a general store on the road just North of the main maintenance garage at the airport. Prior to the Store, the general airport population had no access to retail goods except for commissary items like soap and shaving supplies. The airport population did not have access to the co-op store.