Stone Bridge was built under the patronage of Sultan Mehmed II the Conqueror between 1451 and 1469. The bridge is considered as symbol of Skopje and is the main element of the coat of arms of the city, which in turn is incorporated in the city's flag. The Stone Bridge connects Macedonia Square, in the center of Skopje, to the Old Bazaar.
Crosses Vardar River, Total length 214 m, Width 6 m
Sign in to comment.