Junkers 52/3m is one of only four types of aircraft that have literally fought from first to last day of the Second World War in Europe. This plane was in the 119th Transport Aviation Regiment of the Yugoslav People's Army until 1965 since it is located in the Belgrade Museum of Aviation.
The Museum of Aviation in Belgrade was founded in 1957 as the Yugoslav Aeronautical Museum (MJV - Muzej Jugoslovenskog Vazduhoplovstva now MVB - Muzej vazduhoplovstva-Beograd). The facility is located adjacent to Nikola Tesla Airport. The current facility opened to the public on May 21, 1989.
The main collection is housed in an architecturally noteworthy geodesic-based glass building, with additional aircraft displayed on the surrounding grounds. The museum owns over 200 aircraft that have been operated by the Serbian and Yugoslav Air Forces, Aeronautical clubs and Avio-companies, from gliders to helicopters to jet fighters. At any given time, around 50 are on display inside the building. A few of the aircraft on display are the only surviving examples of their type, including the Fiat G.50. The museum also displays relics of US and NATO aircraft shot down during the 1990s Balkans conflicts, including wreckage from a US F-117 Nighthawk. In addition, the collection consists of more than 130 aviation engines, more radars, rockets, various aeronautical equipment, over 20.000 reference books and technical documentation as well as more than 200.000 photographs.