St. Martin's church was built in the late 19th century for the soldiers stationed in nearby Albertstadt. It catered for soldiers of both confessions and, as such, is one of the very few bi-confessional churches in Germany. One of the most beautiful neo-Romanesque churches in Saxony, the interior is dominated by ornamental paintings, a fine altar and sandstone pulpit. Undamaged by the great air-raid of 1945, the church was recently renovated and is now used for Catholic services only (10:30a Su). There is a great view of the city from the top of the tower.