Panoramio is closing. Learn how to back up your data.

The Chapel of the Holy Oak; Country Estate The Baest; Oirschot, Noord-Brabant (Information in first comment)

  • The Chapel of The Holy Oak dates form the 15th century (later decided it was June 24th of 1406). The legend is that on this spot herdsmen found a statue of Maria floating (against the stream) in the river Beerze. The put it in an oak on the river-bank, but the villagers took it with them to the church in the village. but the next morning it was back on the spot where they found it. Later a wooden chapel was built as people suffering from fever were cured by visiting the statue. It became a well known destination for pilgrimages. The current chapel was built in 1854. Today the chapel is visited by 250,000 annual visitors, especially in the Maria month May.
  • INFORMATION Chapel of the Holy Oak
  • INFORMATION The Baest
  • INFORMATION Oirschot
  • More INFORMATION Oirschot
Show more
Show less

Photo details

  • Uploaded on April 5, 2012
  • © All Rights Reserved
    by Jan van Oosthuizen (…
    • Camera: NIKON CORPORATION NIKON D7000
    • Taken on 2012/04/02 10:26:17
    • Exposure: 0.004s (1/250)
    • Focal Length: 16.00mm
    • F/Stop: f/6.300
    • ISO Speed: ISO100
    • Exposure Bias: -0.33 EV
    • No flash