Mikrolimano (or Lantern, or port Koumoundourou), former Tourkolimano and the ancient port of Mounichia is now tourist location and is included in the wider neighborhood of Castella. Located northeast of Piraeus peninsula bordering the district of Neo Faliro. Today, because of cafes and nightclubs, has given impetus to the intensification of night entertainment.
With the name Lantern allegedly in Byzantine times probably by the existence or strobe light at its entrance. Tourkolimano was its name from the times of the Greek revolution of 1821 and later, while port Koumoundourou was called in modern times because at the southern edge was the villa of Koumoundouros (greek politician) after the demolition of which was erected by the Nautical Club of Greece.
In 1925 the special committee set up then to correct names and points of Piraeus, changed again the name of the port, reviving this ancient name Mounichia port. But the new name failed to establish, against the dominant Tourkolimano until 1967, when the then mayor of Piraeus, Aristides Skylitsis with a decision established a new name Mikrolimano and rendered assistance services (Mail, Telegraph etc.) and since ceased to serve the region with an earlier name.