Panoramio is closing. Learn how to back up your data.

Osijek - Orthodox church

Прва православна црква у Осијеку је била од дрвета и плетера а изграђена је 1719. године (Осијек је од Турака ослобођен 1687. а 1690. доживио нову турску опсаду) и посвећена успењу Пресвете Богородице. Убрзо је на истом мјесту изгpађена 1720. године мања црква од камена. Ова цркве је била премалена па је за вријеме патријарха Арсенија IV. (Шакабенте) који је једно вријеме живио у Осијеку започела 21.4.1743. градња нове цркве. Освећена је 1750. године од епископа Софронија Јовановића који је носио титулу пакрачко-славонског и осјечко пољског епископа. Била је то лијепа барокна грађевина са високим торњем по узору на Будимску катедралну цркву, какав и доликује саборној цркви и са богато украшеном унутрашњошћу и вриједним живописом. Иконостас је осликао Јанко Халкозовић 1761 године. На православни Бадњак 6.1.1942. започело је а 12.3. исте године и завршено рушење ове прелијепе цркве, по налогу усташких власти. Иконостас је поломљен а пошто је била зима и спаљен. Дјелимично су сачуване неке иконе и књиге и предате градском музеју. Данашњи катедрални храм посвећен је такођер успењу Пресвете Богородице а по пројекту арх. Драгомира Тадића у српско-византијском стилу. Градња је започета 1966. године а освећен је као "славонска Лазарица" 1979. године.


The first Orthodox church in Osijek was made of wood and wattle and built the 1719th The (Osijek is freed from the Turks, 1687th and 1690th experienced new Turkish siege) and dedicated to the Dormition Most Holy Virgin. Soon the built on the same site 1720th The small church of stone. This church was too small so it is time for the patriarch Arsenius IV. (Šakabenta) who has lived in Osijek started 04/21/1743. construction of new churches. Avenged is 1750. The Bishop Sophronius Jovanovic with the title of Pakrac-Slavonian and Osijek field bishops. It was a beautiful baroque building with a tall tower modeled on the orthodox cathedral church of Budapest, as befits the Orthodox Church and the richly decorated interior and valuable murals. The iconostasis was painted by Janko Halkozović 1761 years. On Orthodox Christmas Eve 01/06/1942. commenced and 12.3. the same year and completed the demolition of this beautiful church, by order of the Ustasha government. The iconostasis is broken and since it is closer winter and burned. Partially preserved some icons and books and hand the city museum. Today the orthodox cathedral is also a temple dedicated to the Dormition Most Holy Virgin and the project architect Dragomir Tadic in the Serbian-Byzantine style. Construction began in 1966th years and avenged as "Slavonian Lazarica" 1979th year.

Show more
Show less
Osijek, Hrvatska

Photo details

  • Uploaded on April 14, 2012
  • © All Rights Reserved
    by Karlo Dravski
    • Camera: Canon PowerShot SX120 IS
    • Taken on 2012/04/07 15:49:47
    • Exposure: 0.001s (1/1000)
    • Focal Length: 7.30mm
    • F/Stop: f/3.200
    • ISO Speed: ISO160
    • Exposure Bias: 0.00 EV
    • No flash