The house with the Monkey

Selected for Google Maps and Google Earth

Comments (1)

Nameofrose on April 30, 2012

"The House with the Monkey is situated near the Samovodska charshiya. It was built in 1849 by Kolyo Ficheto for the merchant Nikola Koyuv. Although it was built on a very narrow plot of land, the house had everything necessary for the merchant’s activity: storehouse premises, shops and a residential section for the family. Like all houses in Veliko Tarnovo, it is situated in two streets.

A profiled column on the house’s façade depicts a sitting monkey with a slate. This image has lent the building its exotic name.

For some time it was the home of Stoyancho Ahtar, the first antique collector in Bulgaria."

Sign up to comment. Sign in if you already did it.

Photo taken in g.k. Varusha - north, Veliko Tarnovo, Bulgaria

Photo details

  • Uploaded on April 30, 2012
  • © All Rights Reserved
    by Nameofrose
    • Camera: OLYMPUS IMAGING CORP. E-PL1
    • Taken on 2012/04/27 17:33:41
    • Exposure: 0.005s (1/200)
    • Focal Length: 14.00mm
    • F/Stop: f/5.600
    • ISO Speed: ISO200
    • Exposure Bias: 0.00 EV
    • No flash

Groups